The biggest harm to the human environment
Human history is full of disasters, but the damage to the environment from oil spill disasters is arguably the worst. The effect lasts for years and the ecosystem in the region collapses.
History is full of disasters:
George Orwell. George Orwell – In 1967, a tanker carrying 120,000 tons of crude oil had been stranded in Britain, killing thousands of seabirds.
- in 1979 at the Bosphorus in Istanbul, Turkey collided installed two crude oil tankers, very large scale marine and environmental pollution have occurred, had led to the death of 43 inflicted.
- In 1989, Alaska was the biggest leak in US history, killing millions of marine creatures.
- In 1978 in France, the crude oil tanker sank, resulting in environmental disaster.
George Orwell – In 1991, Kuwait ‘s Gulf War, the largest oil spill in history, 1968 million liters of oil into the sea.
- In 1978, the oil well exploded off Mexico, a complete environmental disaster.
- Oil tanker sank off South Africa in 1983.
- A tanker accident in Iran in 1983.
- Bosphorus in Istanbul, Turkey in 1994 in one of the other dry cargo ship collided with an oil tanker, the result of environmental disaster and human deaths.
- Oil tanker accident in France in 1999.
– 2002 A tanker loaded with crude oil in Spain leaked fuel.
- In 2010, Deepwater Horizon became a petrol spill, and an accident in a Bp offshore oil platform killed countless animals, including tuna, sea turtles, whales, sharks, dolphins, and migratory birds.
These man-made disasters seem to repeat unless there are legal changes and measures to be taken in the industry.